Tuesday 30 July 2013

Widgets

Visit from the Deputy Minister

Hi Friends!

Hope you are all having a great day so far! My afternoon is zipping by...love when that happens, since it usually means that I've been keeping busy ;)

Lunch

 

I had an over-indulgent weekend (more on this in my post tomorrow!), so I've been focusing on getting lots of greens into my diet. I made a big batch of quinoa (pronounced KEEN-WAH), so I mixed in in with some fresh garden lettuce (my own!), black beans, and bell peppers with a whole wheat wrap on the side to scoop it all up, and a big and juicy peach to satisfy my sweet tooth :)

Photo credit
It seems that, without fail, I need (yes, need) a little something sweet after lunch to quench my cravings - sometimes this is satisfied with a piece of fruit, but some days (okay, most days...) I need to bust out the big guns and reach into my handy-dandy stash of dark chocolate.

Photo credit
Speaking of which, I think I need to re-fill my stash...my current fav is dark chocolate with raspberries :)

Visit from the Deputy Minister for International Development

 

I came back to my desk after my (almost) daily lunch-time walk to find an email from my Director General telling us that the new Deputy Minister for International Development was going to come for a walk-around and meet us all in a few minutes and to STAY AT YOUR DESK please.

Insta-panic.

I am definitely a social person, but I get very nervous meeting 'high-up' people, which usually means that I get very red in the face.

Anyway, you will all be proud to hear that I managed to hold myself together and gave a nice firm handshake when he came to introduce himself, and nodded along with my DG's introduction. I even managed to get in a "thanks for stopping by..." before they moved on to the next person along my cubicle lane. Fun times.

Question of the Afternoon:

  • Does your brain freeze when you meet 'important' people? How do you deal with your nerves?
I am a big fan of deep breaths, and positive self-thinking - I am calm, I am collected, I am AWESOME! Hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment