Tuesday 6 August 2013

Widgets

Dinner with a Friend


Guten Morning!

Hope you all had a fantabulous night. The workout from yesterday’s post was a KILLER ab workout, so good. I finished it juuust before a friend of mine stopped by for dinner last night. We had a delicious feast of burgers (I’ll have to ask Andrew his secret – he always makes the bestest burgers around. I clearly don’t pay attention to these things...) 


 With corn – my fav!!


 With a wonderful garden salad – everything but the feta cheese ;)


 She* brought some microbrewery beers for us all to enjoy. At 9%, it was much heavier than I am used to drinking, but it was yummy nonetheless. We ended up staying up a bit (okay, a lot) past my bedtime, but it was great catching up!


(*I didn’t ask her if she was okay with being mentioned here – I have yet to figure out how much/little personal info I want to share, other than my own shtuff)

Breakfast 


I had a quick bowl of oatmeal made with almond milk this morning, with ground flax seed, chia seeds and blueberries thrown in the mix. I find it gives me the extra boost I need when impromptu late night hangouts happen ;) 


 Oatmeal has a surprising amount of iron in it, and since I do not get much iron in my regular diet (and don’t currently take supplements) I always feel much more awake after having oatmeal for breakfast.
I had a little visitor at the kitchen table this morning.


Slightly blurry since I had to grab the spray bottle while snapping this – Kit insists on being involved in everything we do, including eating at the (on?) the table. 

Workout


I packed my running stuff today – planning on going out at lunch with a few ladies at work. We haven’t been as regular the past month or so since everyone has been on vacation, but we’re finally getting back on track this week! 

Running crops (similar), tank top (similar), running bra (similar), socks (similar)

Hope you have a great morning!

Question of the Day:


  • Do you ever go for workouts at lunch? 

I feel like it is a great way to rejuvenate you for the rest of the afternoon. Sometimes it is tricky when I have a meeting right after lunch *ahem* bright red face, but it is great to get away from the desk and get a little sweat session in the middle of the day – then you don’t have to worry about it when you get home, BONUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment