Wednesday 21 August 2013

Widgets

Where in the World are my Mom and Baby Sister??


I have been debating whether or not to share this information here on the blog, but I have decided to take the plunge after reading this post about Bo Ewan’s advice.

So, the real question is...

Where in the World are my Mom and Baby Sister??



Answer: Egypt

Now, you are probably thinking yourself – Oh, wow, how cool! Egypt! Pyramids! WAIT A SECOND, have they not picked up a newspaper in years?!? Hello, danger zone!!!

And, my friends, you would be correct.

I actually had this information in my post a few days ago about them leaving, but I went back and erased it. After seeing news reports of the countless lives that have been lost during the recent protests, I freaked out and decided I wasn’t ready to share this information with the world. I didn’t want to have to justify why they went, how they are doing, if they are safe, if they have a few bolts missing in their head, etc. 


Emsies, me and my Momster

But, I have received a few updates now from them, and they say that they feel safe where they are going to be living – which is outside of Cairo – and that they have been out walking on the streets, have found an apartment (which my sister says looks like a ‘mini Versailles’) and are generally loving life.

Phewf.

So, now you know. 

I am sending positive vibes to all who are in Egypt and to everyone who has loved ones there, and wish from the bottom of my heart that they all stay safe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment