Sunday 29 September 2013

Widgets

09/29 Prep and Fitness for the Week

Hello friends!!

I hope you are having a wonderful sun-filled weekend :)

I am kind of in shock - as I write this, I am sitting in the sun on my front balcony, eating some delicious quinoa salad (recipe to come!)




I have some kind of devastating news: I have seriously injured my foot.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the fact that I ran a half marathon without really training for it, which was VERY silly and clearly not worth it since all I want to do is go out running and biking in this ridiculously beautiful weather we're having but instead I am stuck inside (well, outside on my balcony) icing my elevated foot.


Sad trombone.   

Total rookie move. This is why training is SO IMPORTANT!!! Anyway, it is totally self-inflicted so I'll just have to take it easy and be in tune with my body in the meantime so that I give it the time that it needs to heal so that I don't aggravate it any more.

Fitness for the Week


This week will be another recovery week *sniffles* so I will focus on stretching (without putting undue stress on my foot) and some more core workouts and arm strength training. Making the best of a not-so-ideal situation is clearly my forte ;)

Monday: Yoga

Tuesday: Core and arm workout

Wednesday: Yoga

Thursday: Core workout

Friday: Yoga

Saturday: OFF

Sunday: Funday ;)

Prep for the Week


I feel like I might go a bit crazy trying to hold myself back from going out running and whatnot, but it will be better in the long-run so that I don't keep injuring myself and end up taking even longer to heal. Sad face.

But, it just means I have to be more creative with my workouts and focus on my nutrition - prepare yourselves for lots of recipes coming your way ;)


On the schedule for tonight:
  • Cut up veggies
  • Make hummus
  • Cook brown rice
  • Make granola bars
  • Bake tofu for salads and wraps


Also, I started a recipe page so now it will be easy for you to reference anything that I post on my blog - I'm going to try and post some more fun recipes soon!!

Question of the Day:


  • Have you had a running injury before? Any type of foot-related injury? What did you do to get through the healing period? Any suggestions??


I have never really had a running injury before, so I feel a little bit like a fish out of water...

Have a great end of your weekend, and stay healthy and happy!

Linked up with: Running with Rachael

Running with Racheal



Keep up to date on all things Fitness à la Anna by following me on Twitter and Facebook 


2 comments:

  1. I got a shin splint from running at the start of the summer. I mostly had to rest it off for a few weeks. The Calve and Tibialis raise exercises I did (and continue to do when I go to gym) really helped strengthen those muscles up, hopefully preventing future injuries.

    Best thing for all injuries is preventative measures or rest. Avoid high-impact landings on feet/legs by running on grass or dirt instead pavement, also make sure the soles of your shoes aren't to squishes and can still absorb impact. Leg exercises are also very good at preventing injuries, but it is important not to push your injury and let it rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you have been able to get back out running and that the strengthening exercises are working for you - I am definitely focusing on resting my foot for now (might even bust out the crutches for a week or so) and will have to look into finding some trails around my area when I get back to running - I think all the pavement running I've been doing is taking its effect!

      Delete