Wednesday 11 September 2013

Widgets

Back on the Mat


Hello friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful night J

Back on the Mat


Man, it felt so so so good to be back on the mat in a studio last night!


Same mat, different day


I mean, its awesome to do workouts at home, but there’s something just so amazing about being in a room full of people going through the same movements.

And sweating buckets.



Bikram Yoga Ottawa has a great space, and the yoga instructor definitely knew her stuff. It is a bit of a different sequence than I am used to from my Moksha days, but it was nice since we usually went through each position twice, so I found that I could really get into it the second time around.

The only beef I had with the class was that the lights were on. Like, fully on. I’m used to having dimmed lighting when I am doing yoga, so this was a bit of a surprise, especially since there wasn’t much natural light on the side of the room that I was on.

Otherwise, no complaints! I came outside feeling completely refreshed. I will definitely be going back soon J

Dinner


I ended up going to the class with one of my roomies and a good friend of mine who I had not seen in a while (we had a LOT to catch up on!!)

We walked downtown for a bit, and then settled in at a Vietnamese pho place. Although we had just been in a sweltering hot room, warm soup was still welcome! Along with a pitcher full of water ;)


I hadn’t eaten pho in sooo long, gotta love it! I used to go for pho with my mom and sisters all the time, so I know the drill with adding the extra bean sprouts, mint, coriander and lime to the bowl.

I’ve been feeling like I am starting to come down with a bit of a cold, so I added a heck of a lot of Sriracha sauce to clear out my sinuses. The perfect recovery night!

Workout


I am hoping that the weather holds out at lunch so that I can go for a quick run outside. Fingers crossed!

I packed an everything-but-the-kitchen-sink type of salad for lunch today, since I got home from dinner a bit too late last night. I threw together lettuce, kale, brown rice, feta, tomatoes and some salmon with a bit of balsamic vinegar splashed over it.

Delicious.

I am planning on meeting up with an old co-worker tonight (she’s not old, but you get my drift…) who has been looking for her cat. I can totally feel her pain since I just recently had to say goodbye to my kitty, so I couldn’t imagine having it disappear without me being prepared for it!

If anyone sees this little cutie, Pierre, around the Ottawa area, let me know!!



Question of the Day:


  • Have you ever called the SPCA or local vet clinic to report a found animal? 

After seeing her go through this, I will definitely be more adamant about checking lost animal posters and calling animals in!

Linking Up With: Because Shanna Said So

No comments:

Post a Comment