Tuesday 10 September 2013

Widgets

Home-Style Yoga


Guten Morning!

I had a pretty relaxed night. I had to stay a bit late at work to deal with a last-minute request, and then biked home afterwards. Although I am usually pretty firm in keeping my work schedule as it is and not bringing work home, it is nice to be able to stay a bit later when I need to and not stress out that I’m going to keep my carpool people waiting.

‘Cause I’m the only one in this carpool now ;)


I made some pan-fried salmon and steamed broccoli, but was still hungry afterwards and had some leftover rice with sriracha hot sauce (my fav), but was still hungry so I had one of my roomie’s sugar-free, gluten-free, vegan cookies.

I feel spoiled.



Home-Style Yoga


The at-home yoga class that I posted about yesterday was definitely a success. It was so nice to be in my bedroom getting my Om on.



It was great because I could just follow along with her voice, which was a lot better than always looking up at the computer screen to switch from move to move.

Since it was only a 20 minute class, I decided to do a bit of a warm-up beforehand. I don’t usually do that, but I felt like it had been forever since I had done any type of weighted workout, so I busted this circuit out a couple of times before using the yoga flow as a cool-down.

Circuit x 2 or 3: 50 seconds work, 10 seconds rest

1 - Weighted squats
2 - Burpee, stand up and chest press (hold weight and push out from chest)
3 - Bent-over row (stand bent over with knees bent a bit, and row weight up)
4 - Step back lunge and tricep press (hold weight overhead when standing, and bring back into a tricep press when in a lunge position)
5 - Inch worm (kick back into high lunge position, then jump your legs halfway up and then jump feet to hands, and then jump back to high plank position)
6 - V-hold and switch weight side-to-side (like you’re kayaking with a weight)

Maybe that’s why I was so hungry afterwards ;)

Question of the Day:


  • Have you ever used yoga as a cool-down? Or does that seem crazy cray??

No comments:

Post a Comment