Wednesday 23 October 2013

Widgets

Physio Appointment & Bodyrock Challenge, Day 2

Hi friends!

How was your day?! I had another crazy busy day at work, but felt like I was uber productive so it was good.

I also came home to a little goody that I wrote about last Friday came in the mail today...SO EXCITED!!


Physio Appointment


My foot has finally been feeling a bit more normal these days, so I decided it was time to go see a professional about what I can do to make sure that I don't have another similar injury in the future. Not being able to run has been killing me!!

 [Source]
Running is my therapy.

I went to the Ottawa Chiropractic and Sports Injury Clinic, which was recommended by a lady that I (used to) run with at work, and saw Liz. She was very nice and explained everything really well. I would definitely recommend her!

I didn't think I had any expectations from the visit, I just wanted to make sure that I wasn't doing more damage more than anything. She did some ART - Active Release Technique - to stretch out my calf muscles a bit. She said that it might hurt a bit tomorrow...fingers crossed I'm okay to bike into work!

Workout


Day 2 of my Bodyrock 5 Day Challenge, and I'm still going strong!

Let me know if you try it out ;)


Bodyrock 5 Day Challenge, Day 2
Inspired by Bodyrock’s 5 Day Challenge

Do each exercise for 50 seconds work, 10 seconds break before moving on to the next. Do this circuit 3 or 4 times through

1. Standing One-Leg Row (Left) – start in a standing position with weight in your left hand at your side, slowly raise left leg backwards as you lean your torso down towards a horizontal line and lift weight in left arm up to your shoulder, return to standing is one repetition

2. Alternating Knee Lift and Side Kick – stand with weight straight overhead, lift right knee up and to the left of your torso and down, and then kick straight out to the right, lift left knee up and to the right of your torso and down, and then kick straight out to the left, which is one repetition

3. Standing One-Leg Row (Right)

4. Burpee Twist – do a regular burpee standing in one direction, and then when you come up jump 180 degrees and do a burpee in the other direction, continue to change directions after each burpee


Question of the Day:

  • Have you ever tried a Bodyrock 5 or 30 Day Challenge? 

I probably wouldn't do a full 30 day challenge since I don't think it is overly good for your body to do HIIT workouts back-to-back every day, but I wanted to do a  week-long blast back into my workout schedule since I feel like I have been pretty sloth-like since hurting my foot about 3 weeks ago...its crazy how fast you can get out of the swing of things!

Have a great night :)

No comments:

Post a Comment