Tuesday 5 November 2013

Widgets

Bit of a Bail

Morning friends!

Hope all is well in the world with you. I'm feeling a bit rough this morning, due to an unfortunate biking incident last night. My bike route takes me past the Shepherds of Good Hope mission area in Ottawa, which is always the craziest part of my ride home - there is usually at least a couple of people who yell strange things at me as I pass by them. 

Last night, however, I was biking along, minding my own business, when a lady walking down the street starts yelling and launched herself at me completely out of the blue and makes me ride at a weird angle off the curb so that I go sprawling out on the concrete to avoid being thrown into the traffic on the street. She then proceeded to freak out even more and start grabbing at my helmet and asking me if I was okay so I grabbed my bike and so, naturally, I pretty much ran away.

But then I biked the rest of the way home because I still had a bit of a walk. Kind of like getting back on the horse, n'est-ce pas?

So, I now have a bit of a bruised bump on my chin - thankfully I was wearing a neck warmer so I didn't get completely scratched up. I was also wearing my dorky helmet [prooomise Momster] - gotta save the money-maker - but my knees definitely took the brunt of the crash. Walking up stairs has been a bit tricky today.


Thankful for frozen peas. 

Moral of the story, my friends, is wear a helmet when you ride in the city and beware of both cars AND pedestrians. 'Cause you never know whats going to happen. 


There's nothing like a hearty bowl of vegetarian chili to soothe the soul. And bruised knees.

Recipe coming at you this afternoon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment