Monday 25 November 2013

Widgets

Mathare in Focus

Happy Monday everyone!

It's back to business for me, with another busy week ahead of me. I'm posting this suuuuper behind schedule since work kind of took over and then I was busy running around doing some volunteer stuff, and then I got sucked into roomie hangout time. Which is always a good time if you ask me ;)

Mathare in Focus


Speaking of volunteer work, the organization that I work for - Canada Mathare Education Trust (CMETrust) - has an event on Thursday night at Pressed Cafe in Ottawa. Check out the event details here.


It's an annual event that we have that displays photos taken by the scholars that we support with scholarships for children from the Mathare slum in Nairobi, Kenya to go to high school. Pretty amazing. 

If you feel like getting fancied up (or not - it's not mandatory) and enjoying some refreshments, hear some awesome spoken word, see some beautiful pictures and have some good chats, I would love to see you all there!

I'll be back tomorrow with a recap from my sister spa date on Saturday (I know, I'm so behind!) and the recipe for my fav lentil and kale medley - you have already seen a picture of it if you follow me on Instagram :)

Have a great rest of your night!

No comments:

Post a Comment