Thursday 14 November 2013

Widgets

'Om'-vember

Morning friends!

Hope you all had a wunderbar evening :)

I stayed up a bit late to finish up a report for work, but was glad that I did since my to-do list has been overflowing.

'Om'-vember


So, I am a big fan of Movember. Well, I'm a fan of the fact that is raises money for a good cause, although I have to admit that mustaches aren't exactly my fav...but I guess I can deal.

[Source]

Since I am unfortunately (thankfully?) not able to grow a mustache, I have decided to switch 'mo'-vember up a bit and do 'om'-vember instead.

See what I did there?

MOvember <--> OMvember

Ya, I switched it up.

What is 'Om'-vember, you ask? It is a month-long challenge where I am going to try and meditate every day, so that I set aside at least 20 minutes a day to get my 'om' on. And, yes, I realize this has nothing to do with mustaches or prostate cancer, but I kind of just like the way that they sound similar...*blonde moment*

I was initially just going to go with it and sit quietly for a certain amount of time every day, but then I stumbled across this and thought it would be a good way of introducing myself to a more consistent meditation practice: the Chopra Center Meditation 3 Week Challenge


I started it a few days ago, and am officially loving the guided meditations. Not only does Oprah give the opening comments, but Deepak Chopra has the most soothing voice of life, which is then followed by amazingly wonderful.

Yes, amazingly wonderful.

It is free to register for the 3 week challenge, and I would highly recommend that you try it out, even if its only a couple of times a week. The meditation recordings are available for five days after they go live, so you can still access the first one for another two days.

So, what are you waiting for? Sign up and get your 'Om'-vember on ;)

[And donate to your fav Movember team here, because I'm sure we all know at least one guy who is doing it]

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment