Monday 30 December 2013

Widgets

Celebratory Fish Dinner


As I previously mentioned, I am staying with my immediate family – Momster, stepdad and two little sisters – in Dahab, a small diving town on the Red Sea, directly across from Saudi Arabia (you can see the lights sometimes at night when it isn’t too cloudy outside).

We are part of a bigger group of people, which keeps expanding by the day. There are a couple of other teachers that my Momster works with, who also have family members visiting from Canada. Altogether, there is about 18 of us all together, which makes for some pretty epic dinners.

Although we aim to eat all together at around 7pm, my family and two other families always end up getting sidetracked and so it is usually ten of us who end up doing dinner together at around 8 or 9pm. This involves lots of sharing of small plates, which usually turns into a bit of a free-for-all.

We decided to organize a big fish dinner for the extended group to celebrate the successful completion of the scuba diving course that my stepdad, little sister and the rest of the group that wasn’t already certified.

In typical Bedouin style, we were served fish with eyeballs and all.

I kept expecting it to break out singing ‘Don’t worry, be happy’.

I’ve been having a super fun time hanging out with our new extended Egypt family, doing activities galore, and always look forward to our crazy hectic dinners. Gotta love family time ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment