Thursday 5 December 2013

Widgets

Holiday Gift Guide: For the Fitness Fan

Hi friends!

Happy its-almost-Friday!! Oh wait, it really is like my Friday :)

I know, its not nice of me to rub it in...but I took tomorrow off work so that I can make the long journey to southern Ontario to visit my Popster as an early Christmas present//as a sorry-I'll-be-out-of-Canada-during-Christmas-for-the-second-year-in-a-row weekend.

I'll be hanging out with these crazy cats, minus the tall one - Lukas unfortunately has to be a responsible University student and stay in Ottawa and do these things called 'exams'. Lame sauce. And add a couple of heaps of snow and some parkas.


 We will make sure to have a stand-in picture of him for all photos taken ;)

Last night I had total intention of going to hot yoga, but then the phone debacle happened, and I had to go top-up my Presto card (bus pass), and then I got sidetracked and might have bought some new running shoes...anyway, I got home and my roomie and her friend were on their way out the door, so I obviously ditched the rest of my 'THINGS I MUST DO TONIGHT' list and went for sangria and nachos with them at Wooley's on Elgin St. in Ottawa. We sat by the fire in these big comfy chairs and it was amazing. Clearly, a much better use of my time ;)

I am trying to mentally and physically prepare myself for my bus ride to London, Ontario. Taking the overnight bus so I can maximize the time that I can see the fam. Pray for me ;)

Holiday Gift Guide: For the Fitness Fan


It's that time of year where bloggers post a flurry of Holiday Gift Guides.

You can see a couple of my favs at the following links:

Peanut Butter Fingers

Simply Lulu Style

Fitnessista

I thought I would put together a gift guide for all of you who are still thinking of what to get the fitness-lover in your life.

Compression Socks

[Source]
Any runner will tell you that these are God's gift to (wo)man-kind in the way that they minimize shin splints and help with the recovery from long runs. Also, they come in funky colours.

Fuel Belt

These are good for the runners and cross-country skiers in your life.

Personally, I use the kind with a large water bottle, since I feel like it stays more secure on my back and doesn't flap around while I run and also because I prefer this style when I go cross-country skiing. Double purpose :)

[Source]

There are also belts that have smaller water bottles, which is a good style for distance runners since it allows you to fill some of the bottles with electrolyte mix to maintain endurance during a long run.



[Source]

Vitamix

My friend Bev just started a blog [check it out here] and confesses her love for her new Vitamix. I personally don't have one (*hint*hint*wink*wink*) but I have tasted the deliciousness that it creates and am a huge fan. From a distance.

[Source]
It is a super powerful blender, so it is amazing for anyone who loves to get their protein smoothie on. It's a bit of a higher price point, but I guarantee that it will put you in the recipients good books for a good year. Maybe even two.

Head Gear

This is a bit of a general category - you can't go wrong with getting a true fitness-lover a new headband


[Source]
Cute hair-ties

[Source]

Or a warmer headband for those who live in colder climates - perfect even when your fitness-lover has her hair up in a ponytail.

[Source]

Vino

When in doubt, you can always go for the gift of vino. Here are 23 reasons why more vino is always appropriate ;)

Question of the Day:

  • What do you plan on getting the fitness-lover in your life for Christmas?

I'll (hopefully) be posting a Gift Guide for Yogi's tomorrow :)


No comments:

Post a Comment