Wednesday 4 November 2015

Widgets

04/10 What I Ate Wednesday

Hi All!

Me again :)

Hope you are all having a fibbity fab day! I got up bright-n-early this morning and went for a run


*sigh* I feel so blessed to live so close to the canal - it's my fave place to run in the whole city!!


Hands down.


I also did a little ab burner when I got home - this spring-like weather got me all pumped up!

Post-Run Ab Burner


Do the following exercises one after the other, with as little time between them as possible:

30 Leg Raises (lie on your back and raise your legs to 90 degrees with your feet up in the air)

30 Reverse Crunches (lie on your back with your legs up at 90 degrees and raise your legs to the ceiling 'til your bum is off the ground)

30 Bicycle Crunches

30 Russian Twists

30 High Plank Knee-to-Elbow (in high plank, touch your right knee to your right elbow, then the left side - that's one rep)

30 Swimmers (lie on your stomach and raise your chest off the ground and doggy paddle your arms as if you were on a surf board!)

30 Chest Raises (lie on your stomach and raise your chest off the ground at the same time as you pull your elbows to meet behind your back, go back down to the ground and release elbows to your sides - that's one rep)

What I Ate Wednesday


I've been doing the 5 Day Slim-Down this week - any of my fellow Tone It Up girls will know alllllll about this ;)

I have been indulging a bit too much recently, what with my trip to Barbados;


All of the rum.

Being in Halifax for one of my best friend's wedding;


AND all of the Halloweekend festivities


All of the chocolate? Yes, ALL of the chocolate.

SO I decided it was about time to give my body a little wee break and focus on some lean, clean and green eats.

Here's what was on the menu for today:

Breakfast


I'm a huge fan of my go-to banana pancakes. And yes, it DOES taste better when it has a mixed berry smile ;)

Snack



I usually only have a piece of fruit for my morning snack, but I was feeling extra peckish this morning - good thing I always have extra 'clean' snacks stashed away in my bag!

Lunch 

Salad beast. With a side of apple :)

Today, it was a medley of lettuce, tomatoes, mixed beans and ground flax seeds, all topped with some balsamic vinegar. 

Nom-freaking-nom.

Snack



I had to grab some almonds to accompany my carrots today - I was all out of hummus! 

Dinner 


I am blessed with an amazing cook for a boyf, who indulges me and my need for all of the veggies for dinner :)

I'm going to try and post the marinade for this fish next week, it was one word: AMAZING.

Snack

I miiight indulge in some frozen berries if my sweet-tooth rears its nasty head. Which, let's be honest, will probs happen. BUT I'm trying (to varying degrees of success) to break my habit of having dark chocolate after dinner...wish me luck!!


As you can see, I tried to focus on having small meals more frequently during the day - this keeps the metabolism going and helps curb those sneaky sugar cravings!

Hope you all have a fibbity-fab night, and see you all tomorrow morning with another bodyweight workout!


  • What were YOUR eats for today??

No comments:

Post a Comment