Tuesday 3 November 2015

Widgets

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe


Hi friends! 

I hope you are all having a fibbity fab day :)

I things easy for myself this morning and did my usual go-to bodyweight circuit:

Go-To Bodyweight Circuit 


Complete the following exercises one after the other, with tops 10 sec break in-between, for a total of 3 rounds

20 weighted squats
15 push-ups
20 walking lunges
15 deadlift to bicep curl
15 tricep dips 
1 min forearm plank
1 min jumping jacks

I started doing this workout in the summer during my internship in northern India, since I didn't have access to a gym and the town was on the side of a mountain and running was pretty much out of the question. 

I've been doing this workout- with slight variations - once or twice a week since I've been back in Ottawa. I  do it on Tuesday's almost without fail since it is my earliest morning (I start class at 8:30 - I know, not too ridiculous). 

I try to work out as much as possible in the morning, otherwise the day gets away with me. This gives me a good whole-body workout, and doesn't take too much time. 

It's perfect for those early mornings when my brain isn't in tip-top force yet ;)

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds Recipe


A girl in one of my classes came in a few weeks ago with a mason jar full of roasted pumpkin seeds - and was wonderful enough to share the love - which rekindled my love for these little guys. 

Pumpkin seeds, especially homemade ones, are SO good for you: they're full of zinc and protein, a powerhouse kick of nutrients! 

I used this recipe as my inspiration. It's super easy and makes an awesome snack to grab when you're on the go. 

Hope you enjoy! 

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Ingredients 

Pumpkin
Water 
Salt 
Oil 

Directions 

1. Carve pumpkin and scoop out all the insides (I highly recommend using your hands - for serious, just get in there and relive your childhood!) and separate all pumpkin seeds. 


2. Preheat oven to 400F. Measure amount of pumpkin seeds. 


3. Use 2 cups of water and 1/2 tsp of salt per 1/2 cup of pumpkin seeds. Add water, pumpkin seeds and salt to a pot. Let simmer for 10 minutes. 


4. Put 2 tbsp of oil (I used olive oil, but you can use any type of liquid oil) on a baking sheet. Add strained pumpkin seeds and mix in oil a bit. 


5. Place baking sheet on top level of oven. 


6. Bake for 5-20 minutes. Time will vary depending on the size of the seeds. Check the seeds every 5 minutes until they start to become brown. 


6. Let cool, put in container. 


7. ENJOY!!


Hope you guys have the chance to try this recipe before pumpkin season is behind us (don't worry, I won't mention the "w" word quite yet). 


  • Will YOU try this recipe out? If so, let me know what you think!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment